Welcome...


My name is Laura Wheeler, from Burton-on-Trent in Staffordshire. My aim is to gain selection for the Great Britain senior rowing squad. Following a long break from competitive rowing I got back into training in the summer of 2009 at Trent Rowing Club. With it being such a small club I made the move to Nottingham Rowing Club in order to progress further. I train as part of the High Performance squad at NRC and coached by Dez Atkins. We train during normal working hours so in order to join the programme I had to reduce my working hours. The squad is made up of like minded athletes and there's nothing like a bit of competition to drive you on.


Photobucket

Saturday 22 October 2011

Do I Actually Miss Boston?

Following Nottingham Autumn Head my slight cold has now turned into sinusitis.  This is not the news I wanted the week leading up to trials.  I have been on antibiotics since Monday and although I am starting to feel better it’s a little too late.  I did everything possible to try and get better ready for the weekend but after doing a 500m piece on Friday it was decide that I would hand in my medical exception.  Congestion does not aid breathing… 

I was so up for the trials as everything has been aimed at getting a good result here.  I am gutted that I didn’t get to go and race but very happy for those in the squad that have achieved personal bests on the 2000m ergo test today.  I wish them all the best for the 5000m water trial tomorrow.

For now I just have to get well and back to full training but bring on December trials!!!  Next on the agenda is Fullers Fours Head on 5th November so time for some crew bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment