Welcome...


My name is Laura Wheeler, from Burton-on-Trent in Staffordshire. My aim is to gain selection for the Great Britain senior rowing squad. Following a long break from competitive rowing I got back into training in the summer of 2009 at Trent Rowing Club. With it being such a small club I made the move to Nottingham Rowing Club in order to progress further. I train as part of the High Performance squad at NRC and coached by Dez Atkins. We train during normal working hours so in order to join the programme I had to reduce my working hours. The squad is made up of like minded athletes and there's nothing like a bit of competition to drive you on.


Photobucket

Friday 4 March 2011

A good start to the blog

So what better way to start my blog than sat at home with a chest infection.  Ive now started a second course of antibiotics which is most frustrating after have 2 good days of training where I was starting to feel much better.  Then yesterday I just wasn't able to train the same I felt drained so I made an appointment to see the GP and here I am for another week on more antibiotics.  Hopefully this will clear it up though and I can get back on with my training.

We have Eights Head coming up and the last thing I want is to be ill and miss out on crew selection.  We have 3 outings on Sunday and hopefully we will know who has been selected for  the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment