Welcome...


My name is Laura Wheeler, from Burton-on-Trent in Staffordshire. My aim is to gain selection for the Great Britain senior rowing squad. Following a long break from competitive rowing I got back into training in the summer of 2009 at Trent Rowing Club. With it being such a small club I made the move to Nottingham Rowing Club in order to progress further. I train as part of the High Performance squad at NRC and coached by Dez Atkins. We train during normal working hours so in order to join the programme I had to reduce my working hours. The squad is made up of like minded athletes and there's nothing like a bit of competition to drive you on.


Photobucket

Friday 11 March 2011

Eights Head Selection

Well we have finally been told who will be racing at WEHORR.  The crew is from bow to stroke Grace Neal, Nikki Spencer, Laura Wheeler, Lindsay Marshall, Fiona Bassett, Pippa Whittiker, Lauren Fisher, Jacqui Round coxed by Tamsin Cottle. 

We had two outings in the crew last Sunday and it seemed to go well.  This weekend we are doing our outings alongside the men's 4x's that are taking part in the World Class Start camp so we can do some piece's against some opposition.

I've also had an email from Dez this week to say that I am invited down to a GB training weekend in Caversham where I will also be required to do the 2km ergo test for selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment